1. Home
  2. Hearing Issues & Concerns
  3. I suspect my partner has hearing loss. What can I do?

I suspect my partner has hearing loss. What can I do?

My partner is deaf. They have the TV up too loud and do not hear everything I say. They say I mumble. They need to have their hearing checked. Who do we go to?

You should first convince your partner, spouse, husband or wife that you think there’s an issue and they should have it checked out. Just to be certain.

Then get your partner to contact your family doctor/ GP to discuss their hearing loss.

This is important as, in some cases, different medical reasons can cause hearing loss.

Once their GP has examined them and medical implications, if any, have been dealt with, they should see an audiologist for a comprehensive hearing test and to discuss options to help them with their hearing.   

Updated on November 24, 2022

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Not the right answer?
If this isn't the answer you're looking for, please try the search above. Or, get in touch so we can get the right answer for you and, importantly, for others who may be looking for the same thing.
Ask The Aud