1. Home
  2. Hearing Issues & Concerns
  3. I think I have a hearing loss. What do I do?

I think I have a hearing loss. What do I do?

You should first contact your family doctor/GP to discuss your hearing loss as soon as possible. This is important as, in some cases, there are treatable medical reasons that cause hearing loss. 

If the onset of hearing loss is sudden, seek assistance as a matter of urgency.

Once your GP has examined you and the medical implications, if any have been dealt with, you should see an Audiologist for a hearing test and to discuss options to help you with your hearing.  

Updated on November 24, 2022

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Not the right answer?
If this isn't the answer you're looking for, please try the search above. Or, get in touch so we can get the right answer for you and, importantly, for others who may be looking for the same thing.
Ask The Aud