1. Home
  2. Hearing Issues & Concerns
  3. Where can I get a hearing test?

Where can I get a hearing test?

Always contact your family doctor/ GP if you think you have hearing loss.

They may refer you to an Audiologist for a hearing test. You could also check for your closest Independent Audiologist or if you wanted to go public through the hospital system, your GP could refer you. 

Please keep in mind that the hospital system can have a long waiting list. 

It is also always worth checking if you are eligible for the Hearing Services Program. The Australian Government Hearing Services Program provides eligible people access to a wide range of high-quality, fully subsidised hearing services and devices. 

Anyone can check their eligibility for the program on the Hearing Services website.

Updated on November 24, 2022

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Not the right answer?
If this isn't the answer you're looking for, please try the search above. Or, get in touch so we can get the right answer for you and, importantly, for others who may be looking for the same thing.
Ask The Aud